Project Description

House on Buttonwood Lane

This 1920’s colonial revival house had undergone several unfortunate additions, but the original house was elegant in its proportions and became the nucleus for the new design. The existing garage wing was removed and replaced with a 3,100 square foot addition. To ensure that the original house and its existing entry remained the focal point of the composition, the roof lines of the addition were kept low, the entry was embellished, and dormer windows were added to the front of the original house. Equal consideration was given to the rear of the house, which was reconfigured to create a series of outdoor “rooms” that overlook the lawn and garden behind the house.

BEFORE

BEFORE